- Academic Advising
- CAASE Lounge. Students have access to the CAASE lounge located in Schulz 1106, where you will find:
- Free printing for up to 20 pages per day
- Hang out spot to study and connect with other CAASE students
- Information regarding on-campus resources and events
- Lending library
- Community Building events
- Legal Services
CAASE Support Materials
16Personalities: Take the free personality test to get a description of who you are and why you do things the way you do.
CashCourse: CashCourse is your guide to making informed financial choices. CashCourse provides free online financial education courses through instructor assignments or self-study and provides articles and resources students can relate to.
Learning Academic Resource Center (LARC) Online Handouts for writing support: This site provides a list of handouts that LARC offers in the center as resources. Students can take them as guides to help answer writing questions.
Purdue Online Writing Lab: The Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University houses writing resources and instructional material, and provide these as a free service of the Writing Lab at Purdue. Students, members of the community, and users worldwide will find information to assist with many writing projects.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Resources
SSU Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: The Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is housed in the Office of the President, reflecting Sonoma State's commitment to educational, ethical, and administrative leadership on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion. The unit is a novel campus initiative to synergistically build on individual programs and initiatives through a central coordinating office, that includes the Chief Diversity Officer, the Center for Community Engagement, and the HUB Cultural Center.
The HUB Cultural Center: The HUB Cultural Center fosters connection. The HUB Cultural Center cultivates meaningful conversation and build community within and between diverse cultures. Their programs and events focus on inclusivity, equity, and community-building.
Student Health Center Resources on Racial Trauma and Ally Development: This is a time of unprecedented challenges. Understanding each other and how we can best support each other has never been more important and essential to our individual and our collective wellbeing. The Student Health Center has gathered a few resources that may help us in our journey to understanding and empathy as we strive to create a "Culture of Care" at SSU.
- SSU Scholarship Office: The University Scholarship Program is designed to provide encouragement and public recognition to students who have demonstrated academic excellence. The program is supported by generous contributions from individuals, organizations, corporations, and foundations. Scholarships range from $500 to $5,000 per year.
- Wine Industry Scholars Program (WISP) Scholarship: Sonoma State University offers a Wine Industry scholarship to eligible new incoming and current undergraduate students. Those who are selected for the scholarship will be awarded $2,500 per year to offset student fees and tuition for up to four years (award up to $10,000), dependent on their continued eligibility for the award. The WISP scholarship application deadline is Monday, March 15, 2021. If you have any questions or come across any issues, feel free to email the WISP Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SSU students use academic technologies and assistive technologies to study, research, create, and collaborate in group projects.
Free Software and Apps
Visit the Technology FAQs page (available from the Disability Services for Students website) to learn how to access, download, and use the most common technology tools and web-based services utilized by students, staff, and faculty at Sonoma State University.
- reads web pages, e-books, and PDFs aloud
- highlight and annotate web pages and PDFs
- converts files posted on Canvas to other formats such as MP3 audio files or ePub (ebooks)
- Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Acrobat DC, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Dimension 3D, Spark, and more)
- Zoom web conferencing
- Yuja video creation tool
- plus more
Need technology? please complete the CAASE Tech Request Form